Testing the functionality of the web applications before they are released to the end-users and finding and clearing bugs, errors, and glitches in the application, ensuring that the software meets the specifications of the enterprise, improving the quality of the processes, etc. are a part of the process.
Many companies in the market provide QA testing services to enterprises. The independent companies help enterprises in delivering quality products and services to the customers. Enterprises can either outsource their projects to these companies or hire QA Engineers to work in-house until the project is completed.
Stability and improved performance are the main focus of QA (Quality Assurance) testing services. Web testing is a multi-step process and ensures that the web application runs smoothly.
The testing is performed individually on each component of the application without integrating it with other components. It is also known as Module Testing, Program Testing, or Unit Testing.
This testing is done to ensure that the communication between the two different systems is working without errors. API, web services, etc. are commonly used interfaces in any software application.
The usage of a web application is tested to see where end-users might encounter problems or face confusion. It is further divided into comparative usability testing, explorative usability testing, and usability evaluation.
Testing the performance of a software application is a complex process. End to end testing from the perspective of the end-user will give an idea about how the application will work. Development performance testing at the unit level is recommended.
These are some of the commonly used Web Testing Services in the industry. The testing services can be automated to provide better results for the enterprise. With automation, the ROI and productivity improves.
There are certain steps to be followed to ensure the right kind of results.
- Plan the test cases that need to be automated.
- Test the application early (at every stage) and test it regularly.
- Select the right kind of tools for testing.
- Divide the work among the QA Engineers to simultaneously work on the project.
- Conduct and plan quality manual test cases to check that everything is as per the specification.
- Create automated tests that are resistant to the changes in the user interface.
- Maintain compatibility of the application throughout the process.
- Conduct performance and load testing.
There are many benefits of web testing services. Let us take a look at some of those.
- Examine the functional and non-functional parts of the application.
- Database testing will make sure that links in the application are aligned correctly and will lead to the right pages.
- Performance and usability testing will make sure that the application flow is uninterrupted and the interface looks good on the website.
- The reliability of the software application is enhanced.
- Testing will verify that all the APIs are operating as per the expectations and are returning the right responses.
- Security, reusability, and interoperability are checked so that the application is safe and reliable.
- Web applications can be tested in the cloud environment.
- It will help in reducing the testing efforts over regression cycles.
- Web applications can be tested using automated testing to save time and simplify the process of testing.
The companies provide consultancy services where various elements of the QA operations of the enterprise are evaluated to understand how things can be changed to improve the overall performance, reliability, and quality of the end product or service.